Waterfall to agile transition – I know we have been doing agile software development at scale for about a decade now. Similar to other hyped trends, it is just now becoming a mainstream topic with our clients. To share what we experience on client projects during waterfall to agile transition, I will start a series of related blogs on this topic. Stay tuned.
What we will discuss here:
- what prompts established clients with large IT departments to look at agile now (drivers)?
- what are the expectations for a waterfall to agile transition at the diverse stakeholder groups within a client?
- what needs to be done to get started?
- what needs to be done to master the waterfall to agile transition?
- what else ist out there? How do lean practices play a role?